Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's Official: I'm starting the new year as an old woman

I've never been one to wait to do things...graduating high school two years early, getting married, having a baby, all in a matter of a few years. Occasionally, I worry that my precociousness might drag some premature aging along with it. Damn smile lines.  New years resolution: stop smiling so much.

However, I've tried to not let becoming a wife and mom at such a young age morph me into a fun-hating, overly-planned, conservative mom-sergeant.. I still car dance to some hip hop while waiting at stop lights. HBO is my favorite channel. And I still plan on strutting a bikini for a few more years.

But tonight, I really do feel OLD. It's New Years Eve, and it will be impressive if I make it to 10 o'clock tonight. David and I are curled up in bed, and I'll be drifting off any minute...

It's sad. I know. I remember the excitement of being allowed to stay up until midnight as a child.

Now, the idea of sleep: it just doesn't get more exciting than that.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
May the next year be more exciting than this night is!



-Caroline, David, Dmitri, and Ana

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you'all! Loved the photos! You are definitely not looking old but rather radiant and beautiful!

Love you,
Danny and Beckie