-50 plastic bottles (any kind, I especially like Coke bottles)
-20 gauge wire
-Spray paint (I used Valspar paint in a gloss)
-Hot glue gun
Total Cost: less than $20
1) Collect plastic bottles. It can be any kind and size! I used about 50.
2) Peel off labels & cut in half. I used an X-acto knife.
3) Cut into a flower shape. I used scissors.
4) Fold down "petals".
A collection of pre-painted flowers
5) Spray paint flowers color of choice
6) Create a wire circle and hot glue natural jute to it. This will be what supports the flowers.
7. Using flower arrangement wire attach each flower to the wire circle.
Two ways to attach the wire:
either wrapping around the bottle neck, or hot gluing onto the bottom.
The flower circle in progress
The first layer
8) Repeat these steps for subsequent layers. I made 3 layers, each smaller than the one before it.
9) I used natural jute to attach the fixture to a hook on the ceiling. I strung a light through the center. I also used natural jute to hold the layers together. I just tied it in four locations.
The final fixture.
Please let me know if there are any questions! You can always email me @ email@example.com !
A skanky thank you and shout out to the wonderful employees at Helix for collecting bottles for me!