Friday, October 8, 2010

Fireplace Mini Makeover: Black Magic

Our living room started out like this...

Underwent a pretty major transformation, thanks to some paint and primer...


But I just didn't feel like it was "finished" yet. For a while I couldn't figure out quite what it was...and then I realized, I need to paint it black! Thanks to some black magic, I feel complete..


Ok, no promises that I won't change something up again, but for now...I'm loving it! 

Paint: Olympic's Black Magic (No-VOC)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

AND my questions is....

How do you manage to paint without the young'in getting into the paint and "helping"? Do you have someone watch him? Does Daddy take him for a walk? Or do you some how super-mom it and just keep him away while you watch him?

1 Funky Woman said...

I am loving the black. Great move to go that direction. I keep thinking one day I will paint one of my rooms black, so cool!

Megan

Nicole Terry Merrell said...

Looks good-are those plaster walls?! wow. Just found your blog!

Cathy W. said...

I love the room - very dramatic and sophisticated! Great choice!

Momma Rhyne said...

Super awesome. So glad you took down the second "mantle?". Sooo great!! And the black makes a huge difference!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Beautiful mantel! How old is your house? I'm loving it!

Londen

Ann said...

Nice makeover.

Simple but elegant...

Love the mirror and mantle.

I still have to find the courage to paint any of my walls black.

Shannon said...

Looks amazing! And the orange pumpkins look awesome against the blue!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

I love black walls with white trim! It's so dramatic and lovely. Looks fantastic and so does your mantel. Thanks for linking up!

Samantha said...

Wow. Nice. Really defines the fireplace.

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

that looks amazing! I love it! ;)the blue walls are beautiful.