Monday, April 11, 2011

A Fixed Roman Shade

One of the main projects I have been working on lately is accessorizing my naked windows throughout the house.  Window treatments can be really pricey, so I have tried to cut costs, while finding the perfect fit for each room by DIY-ing my own. 

I was inspired by Centsational Girl's Fixed Roman Shade (love her blog!) to make my own Roman shade for the Breakfast Room using Bodega fabric from Tonic Living. I lined the curtain using a heavy canvas, but I would recommend using blackout lining like she did so that the fabric doesn't look funky with the folds when the light shines through. Here it is...


 


 What do you think?

Total cost: < $20

12 comments:

Kara said...

So fun and cheery and bright! I love it! Impressive that you're ALREADY back DIYing!! :-)

Gina said...

Very nice job!! I love the fabric choice too!!

Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse said...

CUTE! I love the look: so pretty and "finished". And the colour is perfect.

René said...

Brilliant! You did an awesome job! As soon as time allows, I have the same project planned for our kitchen. Might need to pick your brain.

Unknown said...

So pretty! How are you finding the time and energy for projects?! Great job on the window treatment!

Unknown said...

Love it! Looks fantastic!! As much as I'd love to live in a house where floor-length curtains would work, for now that isn't a reality, but I'm so glad you posted this tutorial and a few others awhile ago! This project is definitely on y summer to-do list!

Karri said...

very pretty!

Emily said...

I've been thinking about doing something like this. It looks great!

Sarah said...

Ooh I love that! Love the fabric.

Clandestine Road said...

I love it. Nice work, Caroline! The fabric choice is my favorite part.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Great job! Maybe I should make some for my kitchen to pass the time away since Baby has yet to make it's entrance earth side! Ha!

michelle said...

They turned out beautiful and I love the color! I hope you and your family are doing well!