Monday, October 1, 2012

Right now....

A pinterest-inspired planter I contrived this weekend

Right now, I am::

:: placing an order for plants for my fall garden (lettuces, kale, brocolli...)
:: happy for a dreary rainy morning and looking forward to curling up with my littles, a blanket, and a book
:: thrilled that my weekend additions of mums, marigolds, and pansies are getting some water
:: still. coughing. But the littles are starting to get better.
:: in the middle of several Christmas projects.
:: going to give printable fabric a try today for one of the aforementioned projects.
:: reading The Joy Luck Club
:: looking for a yummy bagel recipe - the family is currently obsessed. Anyone have a good one?
:: writing a post on co-sleeping
:: holding a snuggly toddler in my lap, who woke up this morning, scooted over beside me, and said "I like you."
:: almost as happy as my littles about the wooden toy work bench that I scored at a yard sale this weekend. But I think their glee wins out by a bit.
:: craving a homemade pumpkin pie.
:: hoping the farmer's market will have a pie pumpkin on Saturday.
:: continuing to purge my house...today, the bathroom. I don't need a bottle of shampoo from 6 years ago.
:: knitting a teeny tiny doll scarf
:: planning a Halloween party that was 100% Dmitri's idea. This melts my heart.

Happy Monday! How was your weekend?

6 comments:

Cherish said...

I've been craving pumpkin pie myself lately and thankfully, this weekend is the Canadian thanksgiving holiday so Im sure to have a little :)

You've inspired me to find a bagel recipe myself, though I've never thought of making them at home before. Yay for new projects!

Rebekah said...

All that sounds wonderful - especially the Fall garden part. And the planter is awesome!

As for bagels, my favorite recipe is here: http://www.annies-eats.com/2011/12/27/homemade-bagels-step-by-step/

She also has several variations including one with dried blueberries and cinnamon raisin. I try to make a batch of these bagels at least once a month. They freeze well. too. Have a happy Monday! I really love your blog!

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Cherish - yum!! Enjoy the Canadian Thanksgiving for me.

Rebekah - I will have to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

christmas projects already underway? excellent!

Millie said...

http://www.sophisticatedgourmet.com/2009/10/new-york-style-bagel-recipe/

this bagel recipe = yum!

love your planter! :)

Mama Gone Green said...

pumpkin pie sounds amazing!