Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend & Pantone Paint Winner

We traveled to Memphis this past weekend for my cousin's wedding. It was a beautiful event, and we had a wonderful time visiting family. It was David's first trip to Memphis, and the longest road trip we've taken with the littles. We are sleep-deprived, but we made it back uneventfully. The trip there was rough - we made it in at 3:30 AM, thinking that it would be easier to travel while the children slept. Instead, we had to try to entertain very exhausted children who would not go to sleep. And I must admit, we resorted to the DVD player on the trip back. It was so, so, so nice. It makes me less afraid of taking longer trips in the future.

David & I at the rehearsal dinner
I find that since having children, photos of just the two of us are so rare. And photos of just me are non-existent. I want to change that.

Today, I'll be unpacking and catching up on my post-travel to-do list that grew while I was gone.

And I'll be back later in the week with some homemade Christmas magic. (This cold & wind are making me that much more excited about the holidays!)

The winner of the paint give-away via Random Number generation is Amy from All in the Family. Send me a note Amy and your paint will be on it's way!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a great picture. Chris and I never get any pictures of just us either, and we should make an effort to. I used to be one of those people who swore they'd never give their kids a dvd player in the car. I thought it was so lazy of parents. Ha! Obviously that was before I had my own kids! The dvd player can be such a savior on long trips!

Mama Gone Green said...

glad you made it back safe and sound. DVDs are so great for travel!