Friday, November 9, 2012

Not my week, at all.


Somedays aren't yours at all,
They come and go as if they're someone else's days,
They go and leave you behind someone else's face,
And it's harsher than yours,
And colder than yours.

-Regina Spektor

Last week was not my week. My darling camera and my phone were stolen at the park. One of our chickens died. And, there was projectile vomit all over my house at one point.

I had a much longer post written discussing these events, and their poor timing. Where I complained and sulked, and talked about how I was having a hard time. But instead, I am going to leave it at this.

That I am searching for peace where I am. Drinking lots of tea, curled up by my heater. And trying very, very hard to be thankful for the many treasures that I have.

4 comments:

California Poppies said...

So sorry about your camera, that would be a hard one to get over. :/. When we have one of 'those' days or weeks, it really is hard to look around and see the things that we are grateful for. I hope you have a much better week next week and I bet with some relaxation and TLC, you will. :)

Mama Gone Green said...

What a bummer! Sorry to hear about your bad week and hope things start looking up. xo

Danielle M. said...

I'm sorry about your camera and phone. I once had all of my clothes, that were packed in a suitcase, stolen out of my car. I just kept telling myself that maybe that person needed them more than I did. Hope you are feeling a little better.

Samantha said...

Sorry, especially about the goods. (Vomit can be laundered.)