Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Birthday Week

I have had a fabulous week of birthday celebrations. Since my birthday was on a Tuesday, blah, we didn't do much in form of celebrating, aside from delicious Indian food. But Friday night, the party began with the VAGINA MONOLOGUES. It was unbelievable. Humor, whit, transparency, and did I mention, vaginas? The proceeds go to a women's shelter here in Athens that is doing amazing things for the women in domestic violence situations. My favorite quote: "The clitoris has 8,000 nerve endings, over double that of the penis. Why would you want a hand gun when you could have a semi-automatic."

Saturday was the party. It was wonderful to be surrounded by such great friends. And for the first time in years, I actually felt my age. (Young.) Did I mention I stayed up until 4 AM? Thank you to my sweet husband and friends!

Here are some photos from the week!

 
It looked yummier than it tasted.

 
 
Food and wine

 
Delicious Kahlua Chocolate cake from Cecelia's!

 
Laughs with Adam, Panda, Cathy, and Stephen

 
 
BFFS (hah!) David & Rob

 
 
Aron & Dmitri

I think those are the only photos that got taken the entire night, and I only took two of them. I was evidently having too much fun. 

Thank you for a wonderful night (and morning!)

Look forward to the revealing of my sideboard tomorrow! 
 

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday to you! that is playing around here and I was going to see it!! Your son is ADORABLE.

Amelia Hall said...

That's my boyfriend! Aron said he mentioned this to David, but I thought I'd mention it to you. We would love to watch Dmitri if you and David ever want (or desperately need) a date day or night. Because Aron won't knock me up, and since we're not allowed to have pets in our apartment, I often feel the need for exposure to cuteness, and Dmitri, that total cutie, definitely does the trick. So go on a fucking date already! Or any kind of date you want. Let us know!