Tuesday, September 4, 2012

DIY Nesting Buckets

For Labor Day, we spent the day just the four of us (plus two kittens and a dog) laboring on a few projects that have been on the list for a while. It was a very relaxed work day, and we got to play, and sit around, and eat (homemade chicken & dumplings if you are wondering). My kind of day.

I don't pull my sewing machine out very often with all of the curious little fingers that live here, but since I had parenting re-enforcement, I worked on a nesting bucket (pattern by Maya Made) for my closet re-organization project. And I loved the pattern so much that I made a second one. I first saw the buckets on Amanda Blake Soule's blog, Soule Mama. Buying storage baskets gets really expensive - and I was able to use leftover materials for these, making them very inexpensive. ($3 or something.)

I love that they coordinate with the curtains in my bedroom too. (Fabric from Tonic Living).



 What's going to go in it, you say?


 My growing yarn collection now has a home.
I loved it so much that I made a second one out of burlap.

I have a feeling that many more will be joining the collection soon. And there will be closet before & after photos soonish.


How was your Labor Day?

No comments: