Tuesday, February 19, 2013

23.

This past weekend we celebrated my 23rd birthday. The last few birthdays haven't really been all that great. Last year I had the flu for the entire week. The year before, I was 35 weeks pregnant and feeling really pregnant. And so this year, I just hoped that it was better than the last two.

It far exceeded my hopes and expectations. My entire birthday week was filled with my favorite things:

Good, local food. My grandparents came to visit from Memphis and even watched the littles so that David and I could go on a date (the first one we've had in 6 months!). Friends. Tiramisu. St. Germain. A new cookbook. A few new clothes for me (I hate buying maternity clothes. But it's nice to have a few shirts that fit.) And a couple new things for baby too. Feeling loved.

I really don't know that I could ask for more.

Most of the time, I feel much older than I am. On my birthday, I enjoy celebrating being young.

A few photos....

 One of two tiramisu's.
 Damon enjoyed it almost as much as I did.
 Birthday lunch. "Love on a Biscuit"
 With my grandparents
 The "five" of us. (I'm 28 weeks pregnant! Hello, third trimester).

I have so much to be thankful for. I think 23 is going to be a great year.


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy belated birthday! So glad you had a good birthday!

Sarah @ This Farm Family's Life

Mama Gone Green said...

Happy birthday! What a sweet family you have!!

Christy said...

Food envy, the tiramisu looks delectable. Glad you had a great birthday along with a kid-free date.